Symptoms Of Snake Bite
If a person is bitten by a snake the poison spreads very fast in the body of the victim. The first symptoms of the snake bite will appear on the forehead, eyes and the face. The poison would then through the nervous would spread into the entire body. Then after the danger, signs start to appear in the body.
The danger signs are the difficulty for the victim to move his body, the feeling of heaviness in the limbs, heaviness in breath, an uncomfortable feeling in the throat, feeling sleepy, drying up of the mouth and the tongue, shivering and fever and severe pain around the bitten area .If these symptoms are seen in the victim then it means that the poison has spread in the body of the victim. These are some of the common symptoms found in the victims of snake bite but all these symptoms may not be found in all the victims. Even if some of these symptoms are found then it is to be inferred that the poison has spread in the body.
These seven steps hold body and nourish it by their activities and abilities. These are known “Sapt–Dhatus”.
These are: Rasa, Rakta, Mamsa, Meda, Ashti , Majja, Shukra .
1. When the venom is in the Rasa Dhatu there will be irritation in the bitten area and goose bumps appear on the body.
2. When the venom is in the Raktha Dhatu the face of the victim will start sweating, the eyes start reddening ,the patient will also experience pain in the entire body and the patient will also feel tired and feverish.
3. If the venom is in the Mamsa Dhatu then the patient will feel hot, tired , pain in the entire body .
4. If the venom is in the Meda Dhatu the patient will vomit,shiver,feel extremely thirsty and feverish.
5. If the venom is in the Ashti Dhatu then the patient will find it difficult to hold his neck straight, eye sight gets dimmed, will experience a block in the nose, swelling of the stomach, unable to speak etc are the different symptoms.
6. If the venom is in the Majja Dhatu the patient will get hiccups, will experience a block in the respiratory tract, loss of memory and will also go through a paralysing experience in the body.
7. If the venom is in the Sukra Dhatu then the patient will become unconscious,rate of breath will be slow, experience sweating ,tendency for the victim to beat his hands and legs ,blackening of the nails , shrinking of the lips accompanied by the death of the patient.
The symptoms of snake bite usually appear only after one or half an hour later. The pain that occurs in the bitten area is an important sign. Yet another sign is in the fast rate of breath. It is also observed that some patients experience a fall in temperature in both hands and legs and some patients may even faint.
If the bite is that of a Cobra or Viper the patient will experience tremendous pain in the bitten area. If the bite is that of a Krait then the patient might not experience pain in the bitten area. Even if there is pain it would only be a very mild one.
Swelling is one of the common symptoms of snake bite .if it is a Viper then the swelling would immediately appear in the bitten area. Within three days the swelling would spread on the entire part of the body. If the snake is Cobra then the swelling would only appear after three hours of the bite. The poison of the Cobra would affect the brain and spinal cord of the victim.
Blisters appear as a result of the poison of Viper. Sometimes blisters also appear due to the poison of cobra and the blisters also appear on the swelling that occurs due to the bite of the Viper. Blisters and necrosis (decay of the tissues in the body) are common symptoms of Viper bites.
Yet other symptoms of Krait and Viper are that of difficulty in keeping the eyes open and a tendency to feel sleepy. The same symptoms may be observed for the poison of Cobras either after half an hour to five hours. The patient may also find it difficult to stand straight and may also vomit. Stomach-ache may be experienced due to the bite of Krait.
If the bite is due to Viper then oozing of the blood may be observed with the passing of the urine. Blood may also ooze out through the mouth and through the different parts of the body.
If the cobra’s bite is severe then death may occur between 15 minutes to 17 hours. If the bite is that of the Viper then death may occur between 24 hrs to 240 hrs. If the bite is that of the Krait then death may occur between 8hrs to 24 hrs.